National visas in the event of an intended marriage in Germany

05.01.2021 - Article

Required documents:

Please make sure to prepare two complete sets of the following documents collated in the order listed below and bring them to your appointment. Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.

To apply for a visa, you need the following documents (original with 2 copies each):

  • valid passport and two copies of the data page, if applicable previous passports
  • two biometric passport photos (not older than 3 month)
  • 2 fully completed application forms for national visas.

               Videx - electronic visa application form

  • For non-Cambodian citizens: Proof of lawful residence in Cambodia
  • Proof of health insurance (travel health insurance for the first three months after entry with a coverage of at least EUR 30,000 or USD 50,000 - long-term health insurance must be taken out in Germany before the residence permit is issued by the immigration authorities).
  • Certificate of registration of the marriage according to § 13 Abs. 4 PStG / establishment of the civil partnership according to § 17 i.V. with § 13 Abs. 4 PstG

               (This certificate can usually only be issued if the competent higher regional court has approved

               the exemption from the provision of the certificate of marital status)

  • Proof of basic knowledge of the German language (A1 certificate)
  • Copy of the fiancé's German passport / German residence permit if other nationality
  • Proof of visits by the partner to Cambodia or to Germany
  • Declaration of commitment according to Sections 66-68 AufenthG: (“Verpflichtungserklärung”, issued by the German immigration authorities)

Please fill in all questions in the application form and provide the contact telephone number; please don't forget your signature!

Information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) Acknowledgment of receipt of the General Data Protection Regulation


Stand: Januar 2021

Top of page