Reunification Visa to join your spouse / partner

05.01.2021 - Article

Required documents:

Please make sure to prepare two complete sets of the following documents collated in the order listed below and bring them to your appointment. Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.

To apply for a visa, you need the following documents (original with 2 copies each):

  • valid passport and two copies of the data page, if applicable previous passports
  • two biometric passport photos (not older than 3 month)
  • 2 fully completed application forms for national visas.

               Videx - electronic form


Please fill in all questions in the application form and provide the contact telephone number; please don't forget your signature!

Information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) Acknowledgment of receipt of the General Data Protection Regulation

  • legalized Cambodian marriage certificate with German translation

               Legalization of documents and legalization replacement procedures

               Interpreter-translator list

  • if the marriage or civil partnership took place in Germany: German marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • Proof of basic knowledge of the German language (usually A1 certificate from the Goethe Institute, not older than two years)
  • two copies of the passport of the spouse / partner to whom the reunification is to take place, as well as two copies of his / her residence permit if the immigration to a foreign spouse / partner is to take place



Note for spouses / civil partners from EU / EEA countries:

If your spouse / partner to whom you would like to move to Germany is not German, but a citizen of the EU / EEA states (person entitled to free movement), you do not need to provide proof of language proficiency. Please also present a current certificate of freedom of movement OR a confirmation of registration from your German place of residence, proof of work and a current certificate of earnings from your spouse (each with two copies).

Stand: Januar 2021

Top of page