Foreign students who have been accepted by a German university (where applicable with a preparatory language course) or a preparatory college (Studienkolleg) can apply for a visa to study in Germany. You are advised to secure your admittance or acceptance from the university as early as possible.
- During your studies, you can take up student jobs to help cover your expenses.
- Upon completing your studies, you will have the opportunity to look for a job.
Please make sure to prepare two complete sets of the following documents collated in the order listed below and bring them to your appointment. Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.
To apply for a visa, you need the following documents (original with 2 copies each):
- valid passport and two copies of the data page, if applicable previous passports
- two biometric passport photos (not older than 3 months)
- 2 fully completed application forms for national visas.
Please fill in all questions in the application form and provide the contact telephone number; please don't forget your signature!
Information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) Acknowledgment of receipt of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Employment contract with the employer in Germany (with statement of earnings)
- Business license, entry in the commercial register or other evidence from the local German authorities about the legal existence of the future employer
- Proof of qualification (training certificates with detailed information on the teaching content of the training, certificates on previous professional activity with a list of the practical activities including technical qualifications)
- Tabular curriculum vitae, starting with school education (proof of the grade level reached). Times in which you have neither studied nor worked must also be listed and justified
- Proof of language qualification
Stand: Januar 2021