The Blue Card scheme is aimed at qualified academic professionals employed in a position commensurate with their qualification and with a designated minimum remuneration.
Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment please prepare one set of the following documentation for your
1 copy of each item:
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declaration (in accordance with Section 54 of the Residence Act) duly signed
- 2 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- employment contract with a company in Germany
- CV and job description (one page only)
- Proof of qualification and experience certificates for future employment in Germany
- “Declaration regarding a contract of employment” (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis); has to be filled and signed by the future employer. Original along with 2 copies need to be submitted.
The minimum Annual Gross Salary to obtain a Blue Card for the year 2024 is as follows:
- 41.042 € for Natural Scientists, Mathematicians, Engineers, Doctors and IT professionals (also known as MINT professions)
- 41.042 € for entry-level applicants who graduated within three years before applying for Blue Card Visa
- 45.300 € for all other professions
- Proof of recognition of your academic qualification in Germany:
For more detailed info, please check www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de
1 copy from the Anabin website of the recognition of the academic degree as well as the University (University mentioned as “H+”, Degree mentioned as “entspricht” or “gleichwertig”)
Original and 1 copy of the recognition (“Zeugnisbewertung”) of the non-german degree by the Central Office for Foreign Education, ZAB (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen).
IT-professionals without formal education only: full employment history during the last 7 years, including reference letters outlining the duration of the employment and the exact areas of responsibilities held
AND IF APPLICABLE - Professional practice license (Berufsausübungserlaubnis) issued by the relevant recognition body in original and 2 copies (For example, for medical professionals, decision of the licensing authority in the federal territory (Zusicherung der Berufsausübungserlaubnis, Approbation) i.e. granting of medical license by the medical council is required) (For certain Regulated professions, a professional practice license is required like for medical doctors, Engineers, teacher etc. A complete list of such professions can be found with the German Labour Office (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) or with the EU Commission).
- Pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency NOT APLICABLE if your salary is above 45.300 € annually (!) You are not required to hand in any letter from the Federal Employment Agency in this case. Your visa does not need to be approved by this agency. (in any other case – i.e. MINT- professions with an annual salary above 41.042 € - pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency is also not mandatory. It can however shorten the time to process your application significantly)
- Certificate about compulsory health insurance (gesetzliche oder private Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment. Please note: If not already included in the compulsory health insurance a separate travel health insurance has to be presented for the time frame from arrival in Germany until beginning of employment (see below).certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche oder private Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment. Please note: If not already included in the compulsory health insurance a separate travel health insurance has to be presented for the time frame from arrival in Germany until beginning of employment (see below).
Please note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents or the verification of certificates.
- In case of visa approval, you will be requested to present a travel health insurance.
- Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
- · Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.