Please make sure that you present all documents applicable as per checklist when taking your appointment at the Embassy. Failure to do so may result in our inability to process your application and you having to book a new appointment.
Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment please prepare two identical sets of the following documentation for your visa and bring your original certificates. Please DO NOT staple any documents.
2 copies of each item:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application) with at least two empty pages
- application form & declaration (in accordance with Section 54 of the Residence Act) duly signed
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- cover letter from applicant explaining the exact course of action to find employment in Germany as well as further career plans should stay in Germany be unsuccessful
- proof of academic qualification and work experience (from a German university or equivalent to a German academic degree) and relevant previous work experience certificates for future employment in Germany (for recognition of non-German degrees kindly refer to www.anabin.de)
- personal CV containing full education and employment history
- proof of accomodation in Germany for the initial period of 30 days
- Blocked account for the sum of 5,604 Euros
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany
- bank account showing sustainable financial means and proof of personal status + birth certificate of applicant
- Proof of personal status + birth certificate of applicant
- Proof of health insurance
ONE of the following documents:
- Proof of a private German health insurance which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date
- Proof of a public German health insurance, which consists of a letter from your German healthcare provider, as well as a travel health insurance for the first three weeks.
- Proof of a private foreign health insurance including the policy you choose which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date