Attention (!) – Please note that if you have a recognized academic qualification, the checklist for Blue Card may be applicable to you.
Please make sure that you present all the documents applicable as per the checklist when taking your appointment at the Embassy. Failure to do so may result in our inability to process your application and you having to book a new appointment.
Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment please prepare one complete set of the following documentation for your visa and bring your original certificates as well as your original employment contract along.
Please DO NOT staple any documents!
1 copy OF EACH ITEM:
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declaration (in accordance with Section 54 of the Residence Act) duly signed
- 2 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Employment contract with a company in Germany
- CV and job description (one page only)
- Proof of qualification and experience certificates for future employment in Germany
- “Declaration regarding a contract of employment” (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis); has to be filled and signed by the future employer.
Original along with 1 copy need to be submitted:
- Pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency (Pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency is not mandatory. It can however shorten the time to process your application significantly)
- For applicants who are 45 years old or more and whose yearly salary is below 49.830 €: document of proof of adequate contribution to a German Pension fund / pension insurance.
- ü Certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche oder private Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment. Please note: If not already included in the compulsory health insurance a separate travel health insurance has to be presented for the time frame from arrival in Germany until beginning of employment.
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents or the verification of certificates.
- In case of visa approval, you will be requested to present a travel health insurance.
- Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
- Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.