Please make sure that you present all the documents applicable as per the checklist when taking your appointment at the Embassy. Failure to do so may result in our inability to process your application and you having to book a new appointment.
Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application); passport must have at least two empty pages
Application form, declaration form and contact information form duly filled & signed
Personal cover letter explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
Copy of the first and last page and all pages containing entry stamps/visas of your passport (A4 size copy)
Child’s birth certificate, if applicable
Copy of child’s passport, if available or other parent’s passport (A4 size copy)
Certificate of residence (“Meldebescheinigung”) of the child or parent living in Germany, not older than 6 months
Proof of parentage of child:
- Acknowledgement of paternity, if parents were not married to each other when the child was born or
- Proof of marriage of parents, please refer to checklist for family reunion for spouses
- Declaration of (joint) custody, if parents are not married
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residence in Cambodia
- 2 passport photographs according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
Please prepare one application set consisting of copies of the above-mentioned documents and bring all your original certificates along. Please DO NOT staple any documents.
- In case a document is not set up in German or English, it has to be submitted together with a notary attested English or German translation.
- Please note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents or to initiate a further investigation of certificates.
- As your application will also be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany, processing will take at least three months. Please be informed that regular status enquiries during the first three months after submission of your application will not be answered.
- Please ensure that you have family health cover. Until health cover has been established you might want to take a travel health insurance.
Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa will be granted.