Please make sure that you present all documents applicable as per checklist when taking your appointment at the Embassy. Failure to do so may result in our inability to process your application and you having to book a new appointment.
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application) with at least two empty pages
- application form & declaration (in accordance with Section 54 of the Residence Act) duly signed
- copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- statement of purpose / Motivation letter
- proof of admittance to the language course (original and 2 copies) including information on course level, duration and length
- if applicable: Certificates or proof of current level of German language
- certificates of all academic qualifications you have previously obtained (original and 2 copies)
- curriculum vitae (CV)
- proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your language class by one of the following documents:
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany or
- blocked account for duration of your stay
- bank statement of an account in your name proofing sustainable, sufficient funds
Additionally proof has to be provided that costs of the language class can be covered by the applicant.
When applying for visa, you can provide evidence that you are able to meet your living costs by opening a blocked bank account. You have free choice of provider. Information on providers that offer this service worldwide is available on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
You cannot withdraw more than 934 euros per month from a blocked account. This is applicable from 01.01.2023. However, especially at the beginning of your stay, you might be required to spend more than 934 euros in a month (e.g. to pay a deposit when renting a room or an apartment). It is therefore highly recommended to make sure that you have access to sufficient financial means according to your individual Situation.
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- visa fee (75€ in USD (cash only) - payable at the current exchange rate of the Embassy)
- travel health insurance valid on arrival in Germany to the date of enrollment at the language school (mentioned in your admission letter) (approx. 3 months)
Please prepare two identical application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along. Please DO NOT staple any documents.
Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.